This week Ammann told us how their light compaction products are a great fit for rental and hire companies.
Light compaction equipment includes; Vibration plates, Rammers, Trench Rollers and Walk behind Rollers. We agree that these machines suit the hire industry well and this is backed up by our current and sales into many rental firms of all sizes.
The following are examples Ammann gave as to why their equipment is a great fit, followed by a brief example to reaffirm that.
• Exceptional compaction force that helps operators hit targets in fewer passes
For example: The Rammax 1585 compacts with a mighty 86kN of centrifugal force
• Extreme flexibility, with a wide range of sizes and an ability to excel in multiple applications that include soil, asphalt, paving stones, aggregate and others.
For example: we have plates ranging from 330mm to 950mm in width, including forward moving models, reversible and hydrostatically ran.
• Convenient fuel options, with many machines running on petrol – and others providing a choice of petrol or diesel
For example: the majority of smaller items, such as forward moving plates are petrol powered but there is a diesel option. Larger machines like the trench and walk behind rollers are diesel.
• Easy operation and comfort, with vibration-limiting handles and simple adjustment
For example: Our plates come with the option of low vibration handles, also the larger plates and trench rollers are hand arm vibration free as controlled remotely.
• Safety across the product line, from the handles of the smallest plate compactors to the infrared system on the trench rollers
For example: when remotely controlling a trench roller if you get too close or too far away from the machine it will automatically cutoff.
• Serviceability, with convenient access to maintenance points and a variety of kits available to make service easy
For example: Large maintenance openings and ease of access reduces downtime. Service videos available under the Service heading above and finally A&Y offer a full parts service from our central UK base.